SMO is an acronym for Social Media Optimization. SMO is based on contents (words, videos, images). Social Media Optimization (SMO) can be defined as the science and art of getting organic traffic to your website from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+ or other social media networks through various social activities like blogging, posting status on social media, participation in social bookmarking, discussion groups, user rating/polling, online reputation management, user feedback, sharing buttons, RSS feeds, use of video/photo sharing sites and many more.
Sometimes people call SMO as Social SEO (Search Engine Optimization) this is because Social Media Optimization (SMO) primarily focuses on driving free traffic from sources (Like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) other than search engines, though improved search engine rankings is also an added benefit of successful SMO efforts.
There are lots of benefits of using Search Media Optimization which are listed below:
- Enhance your website’s visibility and believability.
- Provides ability to quickly popularize your company’s products and services.
- You can easily and quickly advertise your business through SMO.
- Provides an ability to easily & quickly update consumers regarding changes in company services or products offered.
- The most cost-effective way to advertise and market your business products or services.
- Help to directly interact with visitors.
- SMO improves the SEO quality.
- Increase your brand awareness.
After the completion of my bachelors degree from renowned university of India. I have gathered total experience of 2.5 Years from IT industry till date. I am a certified Salesforce Developer (Dev-401). Currently, I am associated with Aadi IT Services and working on various technologies. I love to share my knowledge with the world. So, I thought to become a part of Techsharepoint and expand the reach of my knowledge.
Latest posts by Rajat Jain (see all)