CodeIgniter is an Application Development Framework for people who build web sites using PHP. CodeIgniter (CI) is one of popular php framework. With CodeIgniter, you can save time, make your web more robust, your code will be easier to read and maintenance. It is free, lightweight, and simple to install. Its goal is to enable you to develop projects much faster than you could if you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.
Objectives of CodeIgniter
CodeIgniter was created with the following objectives:
- Dynamic Instantiation: In CodeIgniter, components are loaded and routines executed only when requested, rather than globally. No assumptions are made by the system regarding what may be needed beyond the minimal core resources, so the system is very light-weight by default. The events, as triggered by the HTTP request, and the controllers and views you design will determine what is invoked.
- Loose Coupling: Coupling is the degree to which components of a system rely on each other. The less components depend on each other the more reusable and flexible the system becomes. Our goal was a very loosely coupled system.
- Component Singularity: Singularity is the degree to which components have a narrowly focused purpose. In CodeIgniter, each class and its functions are highly autonomous in order to allow maximum usefulness.
Advantages of CodeIgniter
- Easy to learn and Deploy
- Easy handling and customizing
- It is based on MVC framework that offers flexibility and Easy Management
- Easy to configure
- New functionality can be added easily
- Free from complex structure and development
- Awesome documentation of the user guide, which makes it easy for any coder to use the whole framework.
Latest posts by Rajat Jain (see all)